Professional Development Opportunities
School Based Professional Development Days: Each school’s professional development committee has the right and responsibility for planning activities for members at the school. These activities can include an activity or many activities / workshops. As autonomous professionals, teachers may plan self-directed PD activities. There are also district opportunities that arise. In the interests of meeting individual teachers’ professional learning needs, the school PD committee may determine to include these options along with the school the opportunities planned by the school PD committee.
LSF’s Youth Forums engage students in sustainability issues, equip them with skills and knowledge, and empower them to take action!
Whether you’re teaching in person, online, or an uncertain mix of both, our virtual Youth Forums will provide meaningful sustainability learning experiences for your students that suit any schedule.
Participating is easy:
- REGISTER YOUR TEAM: You & your class/club of dedicated students
- TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PD: join our virtual community to connect with other like-minded teachers and get tons of great tools and resources
- COMPLETE YOUR WORKSHOPS: choose from a series of expert-led virtual student workshops full of information and ideas for action
- GET YOUR GRANT: Complete 4+ student sessions to receive a grant to support your Action Project!
- STUDENTS TAKE ACTION: Make a real difference in your community!
Questions? Contact Sam Gawron at samantha@LSF-LST.ca
FREE Online Anxiety Strategies Courses for BC Educators – K to Grade 12
For registration go to https://healthymindsbc.gov.bc.ca/ease-registration/
** Please be sure to register a few days in advance and use your sd73 email
BC Agriculture in the Classroom Foundation – Resources and Information
Critical Thinking Consortium (TC2):
Additional Workshop Opportunities: